Wednesday 22 April 2015

Healthy Body, Healthy Mind?

After a few months of eating anything and everything and yet another crippling kidney infection I decided to make some changes. 
I have started to listen to my body, push through the lazy moments, and get back to nature. I've stopped eating meat, cut down a loooot on snacks, (anyone close to me will tell you how much I snack!!) and actually started to enjoy eating healthily. I think the main thing is that I haven't told myself that I am going to cut out all of one thing or what not. I still allow myself crisps or chocolate if I feel like it, however, it will be one bag or a few bits; not a giant bar etc. i never ate much meat anyway so going back to veggie doesn't really make a difference. I have actually put effort into making salads I enjoy and finding alternatives and I love it. I'm not saying these things are huge, however every little counts right?
The main thing I've been working on is getting our more. I've always been a happy little hippy at heart; there is nothing I love more than fresh air and a breathtaking sunset and I have been pushing myself to go and appreciate these things more and my gosh it makes my soul soar! 
After having some truly dark days in the last couple of months and being referred 
back to counselling (more on that soon); it is really uplifting for me to find some peace of mind in my own way. 
I feel like I am finding myself and making baby steps towards being content with myself once more and I am really okay with that. 
Becca. 

No comments:

Post a Comment