Thursday 23 October 2014

Repeat

I got told something today that worried me slightly: I was informed and pushed slightly towards getting my medication on repeat prescription. Don't get me wrong, I totally understand the need and use for prescription and I see how convenient it must be for other people. However, to me, it seems really unhealthy to be advising someone to use repeat prescriptions for antidepressants. It feels kind of like admitting defeat and accepting that you will be on this medication for ages and there is no need to speak to anyone about it and that seems so disgusting to me. If I'm not getting even a little bit of contact time with even my GP every month, how am I supposed to let things out and discuss positive ways to progress through life, let alone managing to see a counselor or therapist again. It is just another huge negative strike against the health service in my life. The treatment I have received in the last 6+ months is just pathetic and dire. It frightens me as well because I am someone who is happy to accept that I need quite a lot of help and I would like to access as much as possible and yet I am being shunned and slipping through the net. How must people feel who are trying to sum up the courage to ask for help, if they finally managed and received this kind of treatment, I wouldn't blame them if they thought "what's the point?" and attempted to carry on alone and maybe struggle and give up. It is a frightening and saddening thought.
Have any of you received similar treatment? I have seen people discussing it on Twitter and it seems to be a national problem and it really distresses me.

Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment