Sunday 26 January 2014

Bruce Springsteen - High Hopes


Thought I would write a quick post on The Boss's new album as we all know I love him far too much. High Hopes is Bruce and The E Street Bands 18th album! How anyone can continue to produce such incredible original music is just awe inspiring! There are a couple of older tracks on there but ones that haven't been recorded in the studio before, only ever performed live; American Skin (41 Shots) and The Ghost of Tom Joad with Tom Morello of Rage Against The Machine. I was lucky enough to see that version live the other year at Hard Rock Calling and I am SO glad they have recorded it as it is just amaaazing. Totally different to the original acoustic version but equally as great. American Skin is another one of my favourite Bruce songs and this studio version is somehow just as powerful as the live recorded performances. On to the new tracks, my favourites are definitely High Hopes, Frankie Fell In Love and This Is Your Sword. There are so many different genres and tones throughout this album ranging from acoustic and almost bluegrass type stuff (This Is Your Sword), more reminiscent of his Seeger Sessions and then the quieter but equally as moving tracks like The Wall and Dream Baby dream that sound more like Nebraska and The Ghost Of Tom Joad Album. All I can say is in my opinion The Boss has definitely done it again. I have listened to this album SO much already. I cannot wait until they announce another tour!!

Are any of you Bruce fans? What do you think?

Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment