Monday 13 January 2014

A Case Of You

This week has been a bit of a funny one, quite a busy one really so it was both nice and a bit exhausting. We finally said a proper farewell to Granny on Thursday which was obviously sad, but it was nice to see all the family and stuff. Maia met Robbie which was adorable, she went to pat him on the head like she does the cat but having not learnt "gently" yet, it was quickly averted. Heather has gone off to Dundee for placement and I have that sad little feeling of losing a limb, knowing she isn't just up the road is rubbish. I cooked for Kflan on Friday which was nice, chilled out wine time is always a winner. Just lots of little things going on like that, I kinda liked it. I have also made a few plans which is good for me, I like having things to look forward to; next weekend I shall be reunited with my wonderful Uni Girls Annie, Soph and Mel! It has been far too long. Tickets booked to cause chaos in ScouseLand with Heather and Catherine, another thing that has been a looong time coming. A hotel break with Mitch which has yet to be booked but will be nice whatever. I remember once reading or hearing something about people with depression and that you should always make sure they have something coming up because it means that if they are feeling suicidal, they won't be able to go through with it as they have something to do first. Totally random and bit grim but sometimes a little bit true! Speaking of my lovely mental issues, last week marked two years since I broke down and asked for help: I can't quite believe it has been that long, part of me feels frustrated and pathetic that I am still so broken but part of me is quite proud that I am at least making progress and at the end of the day, I'm still here and that is definitely a victory. 
I have been on the hunt for a new handbag for quite a while, I don't buy that many bags and I usually only do when I fall head over heels the minute I see it; that means I am gonna use it until it falls apart. This beauty was only £7.50 in a charity shop and I have a feeling it will be around for a looong time:)

I am trying to be good with my skin as all the junk I ate recently is starting to have effects! Don't think I have ever owned so much pink stuff!
Life nearly took a turn for the worst here... But Patty was rescued and is safe and sound in her tank

My Christmas dress won me some prizes at work!! (I have yet to find out what but yay!) I didn't realise it was a competition but it's kinda cool knowing other people in the company have voted for me! I don't really win things so that made me smile.

Robbie is now over a week old and still the cutest little being ever. I don't think I will ever tire of this aunty malarky!

These new additions were my treat to myself. Last year I got the lyrics on my ribs as a milestone a year after everything, this year I got the word Hope but in elvish and an arrow (Sorry Mum and Dad:/). I recently saw a thing that said an arrow has to be pulled backwards to fly forwards so when life is dragging you down it only means it is preparing to launch you into something great. I know it's a bit cheesy and definitely not always true but it is a nice positive reminder for me.




How are you lot all finding January? Not too bleak I hope.


Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment